Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dinner from our Garden

Home grown veggies are the best! You can take my word for it.

Our tomato plants just keep on producing, despite our garden care bordering on neglect for he last 2 months. Our initial enthusiasm may have waned but it seems that the efforts we put in at the beginning were enough to establish a lot of the veggies and they have just kept on growing. (Well, when I say the efforts "we" put in, I must admit it was mostly my husband who got things going.)

Here are some pics of our lovely tomatoes and a meal that I prepared from them:


Neapolitan sauce - with tomatoes, onion, basil and parsley from our garden. (Garlic from the fruit and veg shop but we will grow our own next time).



The final result: just added some broccoli from our garden, and some red kidney beans and pasta that I bought at Bin Inn. Delicious!


Our broccoli crop has been fantastic and we have had some lovely meals with it including Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup. Yum! My husband recently planted some more broccoli so we will be having many more delicious soups through winter.

Next from the garden: Pumpkin soup. I will try and remember to take some pics of the process.

No comments: