Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gyms are Scary

I went to a gym today, thanks to a freebie from the local big-business physio. 6 weeks and 6 sessions with a "results based trainer". Sounds scary hey?

I have been starting to feel fitter thanks to continuing to run 3 times per week this month. But I still find the obsessive, super-fit professionals and gym-a-holics pretty intimidating. Fortunately 9:30am on a Wednesday is a pretty quiet time at the gym, so I plan on making the most of my day off and using the gym when it is almost empty.

I was seen by 3 separate people today (was that really necessary?). And so answered some of the same questions 4 times over - including the written questionnaire I had to fill in first. But no actual workout today, due to some mis-communication. I went home feeling a tad disappointed about that. Now I will just have to stay nervous about my first work out with a trainer for a bit longer.

No comments: