Saturday, December 6, 2008

The History of Philosophy

After a trip to the local library on Tuesday I came home armed with a few introductory philosophy books. I have decided to start with this one:

"History of Philosophy" by Martyn Oliver. Informative yet relatively simple, very easy to read, generally chronological and lots of beautiful illustrations.

It has been a bit of a busy week so I have not read much yet. But the plan is to sit down with a cup of tea this afternoon and absorb some information!

That is, after I have finished making Christmas presents, wrapped them, written cards and visited the post office to send off the fun little packages to family in Perth.

2 comments:

bek pink said...

The book looks really ..... informative :) As I am not an avid reader I find it hard enough to slip in a bible reading a couple of times a week .... so no history of philosophy for me this week :) And just a heads up that because I am on holidays I am managing to systematically do nothing all day and still haven't posted your present! There are five very nicely wrapped parcels just waiting to be sent ... fingers crossed for Monday!

Mandy said...

Well Bek you do have 3 small, loud, demanding boys to care for, and an often away-working husband. So I think having trouble finding time to read is quite understandable. In fact, I have no idea how you fit in the time to do your accounting study this year. Any results yet?