Monday, December 15, 2008

A long way off target.

Well here we are in the middle of December already.

And I have read half way through the first book of my December non-fiction read-a-thon. Seems David's suggestion of aiming for one book was right on target!

In my defense, the time I have spent "in" my first book so far I could have finished it by now. But halfway through it I found that my head was already swimming with information and that it was subtlety leaking out. So I went back to the beginning with notebook and pen in hand and started making notes. Apparently I am still not one of those people who can learn just by reading. It certainly slows me up, but hey, at least I am learning.
:)

So far I am finding it really interesting and enjoyable. When I get the time I will post a few of the "take home messages" in a blog. Hopefully that will help to catalog the information in my brain and improve my chances of retaining it.

Fortunately I do have quite a bit of time off over Christmas so there is still a chance (slim though it may seem) that I will successfully complete this challenge.

Now, first things first, it is time to watch a Survivor season finale! Love that show. But that is a whole separate blog in itself.

No comments: